How you can get rid of stretch marks very quickly
Removing stretch marks are the natural products and other treatments you can use to get rid of stretch marks and also lighten them immensely. An individual can mainly have stretch marks during pregnancy or at the puberty stage. Stretch marks are often found in women who just finished putting to birth.
However, women who aren’t pregnant can still have stretch marks and men too are not exclusive. You can experience stretch marks as a result of sudden weight loss or weight gain.
Furthermore, having stretch marks doesn’t mean you’re unhealthy as it’s a normal thing. Stretch marks are also referred to as striae. The truth of the matter is that stretch marks could be annoying as most individuals resort to various beauty treatments to get rid of it. It’s so unfortunate that only a few people knew that most of these chemical-laden beauty treatments have several side-effects.
Nevertheless, you can avert having any harmful side-effects by using any of the following natural home remedies in getting rid of it. But at times, some natural ways don’t seem effective on some type of stretch marks that rarely fades away to become unnoticed.
At first, most stretch marks do appear thin red or purple line on the skin that takes on a different texture than the outer skin layer. Sometimes, most stretch marks fade away and appear lighter or almost translucent coloring, and become shiny.
Naturally effective home remedies in removing stretch marks
In order for your stretch marks to fade more quickly, you have to effectively apply these natural products accompanied with regular skincare awareness and strict discipline.
Use of aloe vera
Aloe vera is a plant that has distinct healing properties and helps revitalize skin tissue. Get a fresh aloe vera leaf and squeeze to get a gel. Apply the fresh gel to the stretch-marked area and allow it to stay for 20-30 minutes. You can repeat this procedure twice daily and wash the fresh gel off with lukewarm water.
Application of cucumber and lemon juice
The acid content of lemon juice helps heal and reduce scars on your body. Cucumber juice brings about a cool soothing effect enabling your skin to appear fresh. You can mix both cucumber juice and lime juice in equal amount and apply its mixture to the affected areas until it gets soaked up by the skin. Leave the mixture on your skin for at least 10 minutes and finally wash it off with lukewarm water.
Use of apricot mask and oil
Apricots are suitable with respect to healing stretch marks because of their great exfoliating properties. Get 2-3 apricots, cut them and remove the seeds. Crush the fruit into a paste and apply this mask on the stretch mark affected area and allow it to stay for a minimum of 15 minutes. You can wash off the mask with warm water and repeat this process daily for at least a month for optimal results.
Also, pure apricot oil helps regenerate skin tissue which makes it an essential home remedy in removing stretch marks. You can massage this oil onto your skin with some lemon juice for optimal results.
Application of nourishing skin mask
The following nourishing mask is effective in removing stretch marks from your body.
- Use of 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Get fresh juice from a single lemon
- Add 2 tablespoons each of almond paste and oatmeal
- Mix them vigorously with milk to form a smooth paste
- You can apply the above mixtures to the affected stretch marks and allow it to dry completely.
- Finally, rinse it off with cold water while scrubbing gently. This process should be done by alternating days.
Apply on the affected area using black tea
The use of black tea in massaging your skin helps get rid of stretch marks effectively. Black tea is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which help reduce cell damages and control skin pigmentation.
Here is how to perform black tea massage:
- Get 1 tablespoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of black tea powder
- Mix the black tea powder in a bowl of warm water
- Add salt to it and allow to boil for at least 2 minutes
- Allow it to cool for 30 minutes
- Apply it to the affected areas of your skin thrice a day
- You’ll experience optimal results in about 3-4 weeks
Use egg white
The application of egg white on the affected area of the skin helps get rid of stretch marks quickly.
The presence of amino acids in the egg whites helps repair your skin, transform your skin into a smooth and glowing texture.
Here is how you could apply egg whites:
- Get 2 eggs and separate its egg whites from the yolk
- Using a fork, give a quick and light whipping to the egg whites
- Apply a thick layer of egg whites on the affected area of the skin with stretch marks
- Allow the mask to dry completely, then rinse with lukewarm water
- You can repeat this procedure thrice a day for at least a month for effective results
Massage the affected area with tea tree oil
You can get this tea tree oil from a variety of tea tree plants in Australia and New Zealand. A study conducted by Australian aboriginals for decades shows how tea tree oil has been effective in skin treatment. This makes tea tree oil an effective method in removing stretch marks.
Here is how you could use tea tree oil:
- Apply a small amount of tea tree oil on stretch marks and carefully massage in a circular motion for 3 minutes.
- Wait for about 5 minutes for it to get absorbed, before wearing your clothes.
Apply onions on your stretch marks
How you can use onions to get rid of stretch marks
During the day:
- Get a fresh red onion and sliced it in a circular form.
- Apply the onion strips directly on your stretch marks for at least a minute.
- You can then refrigerate the onion strips.
- Remove the onions strips from the fridge
- Grind them in a blender until you achieve a thick mash
- Strain the onion mash and soak a clean cloth into it
- Cover the area of stretch marks with the cloth overnight.
- Repeat this procedure for at least a month for effective results.
Use of cocoa butter
For effective removal of stretch marks using cocoa butter, you have to do this during and after pregnancy. The best time to use cocoa butter is at night, so massage it diligently on the stretch marks area. You’ll definitely start seeing great results in the removal of stretch marks as it fades away gradually.
Application of almond and coconut oil
When you use coconut and almond oil in equal quantities, it helps get rid of stretch marks. Try massaging it on the skin regularly. This natural home remedy in removing stretch marks have no harmful side-effects.
Use of castor oil
Castor oil when massaged onto the skin helps heal and smoothen the marks gradually. Since they are dried with a shriveled up look, stretch marks need nourishment and moisture. You have to regularly feed your skin with this castor oil for the effective removal of stretch marks.
Rubbing your skin with potato juice helps remove stretch marks quickly and also brightens your skin. The presence of starch in potato has distinct properties that soothe the skin, improving the regeneration of skin cells.
Check out this stretch mark removal story using potato juice.
How to prepare potato juice?
- Get a raw potato and chop it into pieces
- Carefully apply the pieces on stretch marks
- Allow the potato juice to dry for at least 15 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- You can then pat dry and apply moisturizer
Repeat this procedure twice a day for optimal results. You can decide to leave the potato slice on the affected area overnight as well.
Apply natural white sugar on your skin
Natural white sugar is an effective solution that helps exfoliate the skin, get rid of dead skin cells as well as improve the formation of new skin. Since it has excellent natural exfoliating properties, sugar can help you get rid of stretch marks effectively.
How can I use sugar to get rid of stretch marks?
- Mix two spoonful of natural white sugar with some almond oil
- Apply it to the stretch-marked area and allow it to absorb for 5 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water or take a warm shower to get rid of this mask
- Repeat this procedure for at least a month for effective removal of the stretch marks
Although this might appear weird, it actually works.
Use of retinoid
A compound present in vitamin A is known as a retinoid. Retinoids help makes your skin look smoother and more youthful. This can be achieved when you take vitamin A orally or a topical extract of vitamin A. This particular ingredient can be used in many over-the-counter topical cosmetic creams.
Furthermore, the consumption of a diet rich in certain foods like sweet potatoes and carrots also boosts your vitamin A levels. Pregnant women are advised against excessive intake of vitamin A and as such are required to consult their doctor for other recommendations.
A 1996 study deduced how retinoids have been helpful in removing stretch marks effectively. However, more research is needed to identify all of its effects on stretch marks.
How can I apply retinol to remove stretch marks?
Carefully follow these procedures for the optimal result:
- Buy a Retinol cream
- Apply a little amount on areas of stretch marks at least once every other day in the first week
- The same amount should be applied in the second week
- You can apply it twice a day, morning and night after a warm bath as from week 3
- Continue its application until you achieve the desired result
This is one of those ingredients that are needed in removing stretch marks from your body effectively. As we grow older, collagen which is the protein in our skin that allows it to maintain its shape and look healthy decreases in our face/bodies.
Also, collagen production can be stimulated with hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid can be absorbed in your body when you consume a capsule or extract.
Keep your skin hydrated using a moisturizer
Applying appropriate moisturizer to the affected area is one of the best ways of removing stretch marks from your body.
Recent research shows how women who applied herbal moisturizers regularly at home enjoy a significant improvement in their stretch marks than those who didn’t.
Another health benefit of applying herbal moisturizers is that it helps tighten your skin by improving its elasticity. An individual with lots of stretch marks only needs to hydrate his or her skin so as to tighten it and reduce their appearance.
This will also help prevent the appearance of new ones, especially if you apply the cream on areas prone to developing stretch marks in the future.
Where you’re in doubt about the safety and quality of your chemical-based moisturizer, consider replacing it with a natural moisturizer made from Wheat Germ, Aloe Vera or Olive Oil.
Daily intake of gelatin
To enjoy an adequate supply of gelatin in your body, consume a vitamin gummy daily. By doing this, you are ingesting gelatin, vitamin D and E, which are all needed in removing stretch marks.
Are there other treatments in removing stretch marks?
Yes, they are. Laser therapy, microdermabrasion, and needling are three clinical treatments suitable for removing stretch marks. Red light therapy can also be used in getting rid of stretch marks. Here is how to use this device based on TrophySkin RejuvaliteMD Red Light Therapy Device:
- Wash the affected area of stretch marks
- Keep the panel 4-6 inches away from your treatment place
- Always wear a pair of protective goggles if the treatment area is close to your eyes
- You can turn the device on and stay still for 5 minutes
- Finally, apply stretch mark cream or moisturizer after the above step
- Repeat this procedure for at least 5 times a week for desired results
Laser therapy involves passing the area with stretch marks over beam or laser rays to get rid of it. We have basically three types of laser treatment that can help you get rid of stretch marks quickly. They include:
Excimer laser treatment: It uses Ultraviolet light to disrupt skin tissue enabling the skin to self-heal. This type of treatment is suitable for people with red stretch marks as it involves a minimum of 10 sessions.
Vascular laser treatment: Here, the light energy targets blood vessels and destroys skin tissues, allowing new growth of skin cells. It is suitable for red stretch marks and involves a minimum session of 6.
Frational laser treatment: This laser beam targets a portion of the skin at a time. It treats both red and white stretch marks effectively. A minimum of 3 sessions is required.
Microdermabrasion involves exfoliating the skin in an efficient way far better than home remedies. A recent study has shown how microdermabrasion is suitable for removing stretch marks.
Another effective treatment for stretch marks is the use of needling. Here, collagen is injected underneath the top layer of your skin.
Always consult your dermatologist to know whether you’re good to go with these procedures. Have in mind that most of these treatments aren’t typically covered by insurance, and are mainly expensive.
Who can get stretch marks?
To be candid with you, genetics is the strongest predictor of stretch marks. Research conducted by Mayo Clinic shows how women are more likely to get stretch marks, especially those who are pregnant. Others who are at risk of developing stretch marks include:
- Gaining or losing weight rapidly
- Taking of corticosteroid medication
- Undergoing breast enlargement surgery
What are the outlooks of removing stretch marks?
Prevention is the optimal treatment for stretch marks. This can be achieved by keeping your skin hydrated at all times to maintain its elasticity.
Topical creams like coconut oil can keep your skin moisturized and prevent the appearance of stretch marks as well. Also, even without treatment, virtually all stretch marks will fade over time. Rarely will stretch marks look visible as when they initially appear.
Having known the natural ways of getting rid of stretch marks, a derma roller can be used fairly at home to achieve your desired results.