Foods That Boost Sperm Production
Foods that boost sperm production are commonly found everywhere, but how often do you eat these foods and maintain some good lifestyles to effectively boost your sperm production? A sperm is a fluid that is produced by the male sexual organs which contain sperm cells that combines with the female’s egg during reproduction. When the sperm is not motile with abnormal morphology, reproduction can never occur. Try eating good foods and live a healthy lifestyle so as to increase fertilization by increasing your sperm production. Doctors can carry out sperm microscopy, culture, and sensitivity test to determine the motility of the male sperm. For a man to be able to make his wife conceive must have an adequate average total number of sperm present in a sample of semen which is also known as sperm count.
According to the World Health Organization guidelines, a man must have a viable sperm count of 15 million per millimeter (ml) or at least 39 million in a sample. Also, men with an abnormal sperm count usually lower than 10 million per millimeter are mostly regarded as infertile. A low sperm count is mainly referred to as oligospermia while the total absence of sperm is known as azoospermia.
Read Also: 15 Foods for Strong, Healthy Sperm
Factors That Affect Increased Sperm Production
There are a lot of things that might cause a reduction in sperm production thereby resulting in infertility, they include:
Excessive smoking of cigarettes
Increased consumption of alcoholic drinks
Physical and emotional stress
Being exposed to X-rays
Exposure to chemicals in industries; these may include chemicals like xylene, lead, benzenes, pesticides, toluene, herbicides, and organic solvents.
Taking medications like some antibiotics and anti-fungal medications, cancer medication, ulcer medications, and continuous use of steroid can lead to low sperm count.
Testicles being overheated as a result of sitting in a place for a long time, increasing temperature by placing of the laptop on your laps, and wearing of any tight clothing for a longer time may result in low sperm production.
Genetic defects like kartagener’s syndrome, klinefelter’s syndrome, and kallmann’s syndrome.
Pre- matured ejaculation
Some infections like HIV/AIDS, gonorrhea, syphilis, and an inflamed epididymis
Nonmalignant tumors and cancers
Surgeries like repairs of an inguinal hernia, prostate surgeries, vasectomy, testicular surgeries, and abdominal surgeries for the treatment of both rectal/testicular cancers.
What Are The Best Ways/Foods That Boost Sperm Production?
Boosting sperm production quickly involves having adequate exercise and sleep and the use of home remedies in the treatment of low sperm count makes your sperm production to increase efficiency.
The best ways to boost sperm production involves the following ways:
- Foods that boost sperm production
- Natural ways to increase sperm production
- Sperm production using medications
Foods That Boost Sperm Production
The human body does not quickly absorb the supplements which are regarded as the best way to get the adequate daily intake of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Eating foods that are rich in sperm nutrients tends to increase sperm production in the body.
Foods that boost sperm production immensely include the following:
- Bananas: Bananas tend to contain vitamin A, B1, and C and these are foods that boost sperm production effectively in the body. They contain enzyme bromelain which regulates sex hormones and boosts sexual urge in man.
Read Also: 19 Health Benefits of Banana to the Body
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach and lettuce: Green leafy vegetables contain folic acid which is a B vitamin that helps increase sperm count, sperm morphology, and sperm motility. Asparagus and Brussels sprouts are other foods that boost sperm production very well.
- Cooked lentils: Cooked lentils are a good source of folate which aids the production of sperms in your body.
- Oysters: They contain zinc element which is one of the foods that boost sperm production in the body. Increase your consumption of 50g of oysters to stand a better chance of having kids.
- Olive oil: Ingestion of olive oil increases oxygen flow to your testicles which helps in the production of healthy sperms.
- Ginseng: These are foods that boost sperm production by increasing sexual desire. Ginseng increases the flow of blood to the genitals and improves testosterone level in your body. People with erectile dysfunction could be cured by ingesting ginseng root or ginseng tea.
- Walnuts: Walnuts contains omega-3-fatty acids which boost your sperm counts and increases the flow of blood to your sex organs. People within reproductive ages 25-35 should consume 2.5 ounces of walnuts per day to boost their sperm production.
- Turmeric: These boiled, dried, and mostly rhizomes of the turmeric plants are used to boost sperm production in the body.
- Fishes like salmon and cod liver: These are one of the foods that boost sperm production because they contain omega-3-fatty acid.
- Asparagus: Asparagus contains vitamin C which prevents the sperm cells from being destroyed and increases your sperm volume and motility so as to have adequate upbeat swimmers. They are also known to protect your sperms from nasty free radicals and are excellent foods that boost sperm production efficiently.
- Dark chocolate: Try not to consume it excessively to avoid hormonal imbalance in the body. They are known to improve semen and sperm production well because of the presence of amino acids. Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants which helps fight against free radicals and prevents you from being infertile.
- Lobsters and crabs: Lobsters tends to contain zinc which is one of the nutrients that stimulates the production of sperm. Crab contains omega-3-fatty acid which is the foods that boost sperm production. Try to inculcate both lobsters and crabs into your diet to increase your chance of making babies.
- Citrus fruits: This is the main source of vitamin C and it increases sperm count, motility, and morphology. Sweet peppers, tomatoes, cabbage, potatoes, and strawberries also improve the overall sperm health. Oranges are good foods that boost sperm production in our body.
- Milk and milk product fortified with vitamin D: They contain vitamin B12 and are one of the foods that boost sperm production adequately well.
- Broccoli: They are said to contain vitamin A that improves the motility of sperm and prevent the sperm from moving slowly. Broccoli, spinach, margarine, and fortified juices contain vitamin E which prevents sperm damage and are foods that boost sperm production in your body.
- Whole grains and wheat: Whole grains/wheat contains zinc nutrients which help increases the quality and regulation of sperm counts in the body.
- Nuts and seeds that are fermented: Fermented nuts/seeds contain nutrients like zinc, B vitamin that improves sperm health. They are ideal foods that boost sperm production in your body.
- Carrots: Carrots has beta-carotene which is an antioxidant that improves your sperm health from the free radicals. They are healthy foods that boost sperm production in the body.
- Garlic: Garlic is known to contain allicin which increases the flow of blood to the man sexual organs/prevents the sperm from being destroyed. It contains an antioxidant, selenium that increases the motility of sperm. Consumption of at most two cloves a day is optimal for the body.
- Poultry/red meat: They contain the amino acid, L-arginine which changes into nitric acid that helps in proper production of sperms in the body. Consumption of foods with too much L-arginine could also result in the reduction of sperm count in the body. Beef and chicken meat tend to contain Coenzyme Q10 which is an antioxidant needed by all living cells to function effectively.
- Roots of Ashwagandha: It has antioxidant properties which are mainly used as an herbal remedy in the improvement of the quality of your semen.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich in protein and vitamin E which is the major foods that boost sperm production in the body. Try eating enough eggs to increase your sperm count and motility.
- Mushroom and beef liver tends to contain vitamin D supplements which improve the motility of sperm and increases testosterone in the body.
- Pomegranate: They contain an antioxidant which increases the quality of sperm produced and are effective in stimulating sexual urge. Pomegranate is good foods that boost sperm production and can be eaten raw or in a juice form daily.
Natural Ways To Boost Sperm Production
Below are the proven ways to increase sperm production:
- Adequate consumption of foods rich in calcium and vitamin D tends to boost sperm production.
- Avoid smoking: People who tend to smoke excessively have their sperm count reduced thereby leading to infertility. You are advised to stay away from smoking if you really want to make healthy kids.
- Adequate sleep and exercise: Having adequate rest and exercise tend to improve the production of sperm. Never you over stress yourself and to create time to exercise and rest.
- Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol and drugs use: Excessive consumption of alcohol and taking of hard drugs like cocaine/marijuana could result in low sperm count.
- Stress reduction: Doing adequate exercise and eating healthy foods will definitely reduce stress in your body. In a severe case of stress reduction, you can consult your medical doctor to prescribe anti-depressant drugs to cope with your stress.
- Avoid taking some medications: Medications like some antibiotics, methadone, anti-androgens, anabolic steroids/corticosteroids, external testosterone, antipsychotics, and anti-inflammatories drugs tend to reduce sperm production in the body.
- Increase consumption of foods rich in antioxidants: when you increase the consumption of foods rich in antioxidants, your sperm cells would be protected from being destroyed by those free radicals. Most of the common antioxidants that must be present are coenzyme Q10, ascorbic acid, glutathione, l-carnitine, vitamin E, and selenium.
- Reduce unhealthy fatty foods: An increase in the consumption of trans fatty acids tends to reduce the production of sperms in the body.
- Consumption of fenugreek supplement: A Research in 2017 shows that a patent-pending compound Furosap®which is made from fenugreek seeds tends to increase sperm counts and its quality effectively.
- Increase the intake of Ashwagandha: It is the herbal medicine for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men. Ashwagandha is called Indian ginseng and are very useful in the production of sperms in the body.
- Increase the consumption of healthy fatty foods: Omega-3-fatty acids and omega-6-fatty acids are polyunsaturated fats that help in increasing overall sperm health. healthy fatty foods are foods that boost sperm production.
- Limiting your exposure to environmental or occupational contaminants/toxins: Avoid exposure of your body to harmful chemicals which could mar the production of sperms in the body.
- Consume foods rich in zinc and B vitamins: When you consume foods rich in zinc and B vitamins tend to boost sperm production in your body.
- Avoid excessive consumption of soy foods which may lower sperm count and reduce the bonding of testosterone. Soy foods are known to contain phytoestrogens which reduce the production of sperm and makes you infertile.
Sperm Production Using Medications
Some medications are usually prescribed by the doctor to patients with severe low sperm count to enable them to become fertile.
Here are some medications to boost sperm production in your body:
- Human chronic gonadotrophin (hCG)
- Clomiphene citrate by oral medication
- Follitopin alfa or gonal-F or injections under the skin
- Exogenous androgens
- Use of antibiotics in the case of sexually transmitted infections (STI) or Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Oral medication of Serophene
We have seen that when one neglects the consumption of foods that boost sperm production, he is at risk of being infertile. Red meats such as beef are rich in zinc and are effective in quality sperm production/mobility. Never take any medications to boost sperm production without first consulting your doctor for advice. why not put an end to some unhealthy foods and eat foods that boost sperm production by a stone throw.