The health benefits of banana to the body are widely known in the world. Banana is a long curvy fruit that has a thick peel and usually yellow when it is ripe. Also, the health benefits of banana tend to increase when taken with milk. Eating banana help reduce the risks of contracting asthma, cancer and also lower blood pressure. It contains a lot of Vitamins and Minerals as thus:
Dietary fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Potassium, Protein, Iron, Folate, Manganese, Magnesium, Niacin, Riboflavin. Banana aids in stimulating serotonin which is a happiness hormone in the body of humans.
Natural Remedy from Consuming Banana
Below is the natural remedy from eating a banana:
- Consumption of banana increases the absorption of Calcium thereby building strong bones.
- It also helps in preventing cancer of the kidney and shields the eye from macular degeneration.
- Also, eating banana helps lower body temperature especially during hot days.
- Eating of banana is useful in boosting brain memory.
- Banana is a natural cure for chronic smokers because of its constituents of Potassium, Vitamin B and Magnesium.
- when one consumes a banana daily, it helps optimized blood sugar level and reduces morning sickness symptoms like nauseating.
- Its tryptophan is used in relieving Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Health Benefits of Banana
The health benefits of banana are suitable for all irrespective of the age and gender. It includes the following:
- Increases Metabolism
When one consumes a banana, it helps increase the rate of metabolism and flush our system well. This is one of the main health benefits of banana to our system.
- Prevention of Cancer
This is one of the health benefits of banana because its free radicals avert the chances of contracting cancer (colorectal cancer). Daily consumption of banana in kids helps reduce the rate of formation of leukemia.
- Blood Pressure
Low intake of sodium could result in blood pressure being reduced. Increased intake of potassium is important in the case of vasodilation effects. Research shows that potassium is much in human feces while the salt present in it is in minimal amount. Preventing stroke is also one of the health benefits of banana to the body.
- Risk of Cardiovascular diseases
The presence of Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Potassium and fiber in banana makes the heart looks healthy. The risk of contracting cardiovascular diseases is minimal when one incorporates an increased intake of potassium with a decreased intake of sodium in its diet. The high intake of potassium also protects the body against loss of mass muscle, reduction in the development of kidney stones and preserves bone mineral density.
- Increased Energy
Banana is recommended as one of the best fruits in the world to give energy and stability to the body. Most sports inculcate it in their diet because it contains fructose, sucrose, glucose, and fiber which are a good provision of energy. This is one of the major health benefits of banana to the body
- Treatment of Anemia
Banana fruit helps hemoglobin to be produced in the blood. It is useful in the prevention of anemia since it contains a lot of iron in the liver.
- Treatment of Asthma
The health benefits of banana in the treatment of asthma are highly recognized worldwide. A research conducted by the Imperial College of London discovered that children who consumed one banana in a day had 34% less chance of contracting asthma.
- Treatment of Diabetes
These tend to reduce the blood glucose level in a type 1 diabetic who also consumes enough fiber in its diet. It is also suitable for improving the blood sugar, insulin and lipids level of a type 2 diabetics. The Vitamin B6 can avert protection against type 2 diabetes.
- Reduction of Weight Loss
The presence of low calories in banana helps reduce weight loss and induce appetite-reducing effects. Banana is efficient in reducing weight loss due to the high amounts of pectin which makes one appetite reduce.
- Increases Digestion
when we consume a banana, it aids the rapid digestion of food substances in the body. Bananas contain fructooligosaccharides which stimulate the body in absorbing adequate calcium.
- Reduction of Premenstrual Syndrome
The consumption of banana helps reduce premenstrual symptoms. Symptoms like nausea vomit and cramps could be averted while eating a banana.
- Improves Brain Memory
The presence of potassium in banana makes the brain active and boosts memory immensely. Eating of banana enables one learns very fast. The presence of Vitamin B6 in banana helps regulate the amount of glucose in the blood and increases your mentality.
- Stress Reduction
Eating of banana helps regularize your heartbeat, therefore, making it viable and fit. It helps the circulation of oxygen to the brain and all other parts of the body.
A hormone serotonin is released when one ingests banana thereby making one mind and mood relaxed. This induces happiness by averting the depression.
- Good Sleep
Try eating a banana so as to make you enjoy good night sleep. It is a good source of magnesium because of the presence of tryptophan.
- Treatment of Stroke and Ulcer
The health benefits of banana aids in the treatment of stroke and peptic ulcer when one increase the daily consumption of banana. These bananas help reduce the acidity of the stomach efficiently.
- Immune System
Banana helps boost your immune system and fights against diseases in the body. It is one of the health benefits of banana that is highly needed.
- Bone Formation
The presence of calcium in banana helps in the development of strong bones and muscles.
- Reduced Smoking
Nicotine is removed from the body with the help of Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12 which is present in banana.
Adverse Effects of Consuming Banana
Here are the various adverse effects of consuming banana:
- Consumption of bananas with high potassium content could mar people with poor functional kidney thereby making excess potassium not to be released from their kidney.
- Eating of banana could lead to allergies in some people like swelling, itching, hives, and difficulty in breathing.
- Patients with heart problems could have their potassium levels increased in their blood because of the Beta-blockers prescribed to them. It is also recommended that people using beta blockers should not rapidly increase their consumption of bananas.
- Since bananas are rich in fiber, consuming too much of it can result in stomach upsets, bloating and gas uncontrollably.
Health Benefits of Banana, Honey, and Milk
Below are the basic health benefits of banana, honey, and milk:
- Consuming banana with honey helps reduce wrinkles and aging of the body.
- Consumption of a banana with honey help in protecting the body from cardiovascular diseases and colorectal cancer.
- A mixture of honey with banana reduce nasal congestions, cough and improve the quality of blood produced.
- When one consumes banana together with honey it tends to make the skin glow, reduces hair loss and increases hair growth.
- Also, when one eats a banana with milk makes the teeth sparkling white and strengthens muscle in the body.
- The health benefits of banana with honey protect the body from jaundice.
- Banana with milk enables you to be strong and are suitable for weight loss.
We have looked at the various health benefits of banana ranging from boosting of the immune system, improvement of brain memory, treatment of cancer, treatment for both type 1 and type 2 diabetics. It also assists in the development of strong bones and why you should inculcate it into your diet. Always consume a banana-milk diet which is best suitable for weight loss. Banana-milk diet is unsuitable for ladies in their menstrual period because of the insufficiency of iron in it. We welcome your contributions to any other health benefits of banana that are not mentioned in this article.